Sunday, October 2, 2011

My thoughts on the pet over poputlation problem

I've been combing petfinder, craigslist, and the animal humane society website looking at dogs for over the last few months. I'm totally floored to see how many Australian Cattle Dogs or ACD mixes,  (which isn't a particularly popular breed) nee homes. I'm working with someone to try and find foster families so she can get her rescue off the ground. I wish there wasn't a need for rescues. It's so simple. If you want a puppy, unless you are showing them competitively, spay and neuter them people. I went and met some dogs yesterday and  I really wanted to take one. Partly because I want a dog and partly because if I took one, she could take another one. Dogs are dying everyday because there are so many of them and we can't find homes for all of them. It's a a really sad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment