Friday, January 27, 2012

Bailey

I can't believe that it has been so long since I've written. I need to get better at this. Let me introduce Bailey, My 35 pound pistol. I officially adopted him 2 weeks ago. Yeah, I'm a failed foster. We had some issues with separation anxiety and just anxiety in general. Holy Cow, is my dog high anxiety. However he has tons of toy and prey drive so we will definitely be doing the agility and hopefully Frisbee. He's not good at catching yet, nor am I good at throwing but the drive is there. Having a dog with this much drive in MN, in the winter time is interesting. It's a ton of fun, but it's a lot of work and commitment to get him outside everyday, especially when I don't particularly like snow! I know, I know. What am I doing in MN when I don't like snow? I really don't know. I've been taking him everywhere with me. I take him to the pet store a couple of times a week,  to friends houses, for car rides and pretty much everywhere. He's becoming a pretty confident dog which is fun to watch. He loves to play, with people and other dogs. I have been training him with clicker training, which is working really well (I'll write a post on it later, it actually is amazing). Apartment life for him definitely isn't ideal but it seems to be working as long as I get him out for exercise everyday.
I was kind of nervous to have a high energy, high drive dog but I find I'm really enjoying it. It forces me to get the exercise I so desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment